Fishing is an art, and I believe the more you learn it, the less it is. In such a situation, you need some things with the help which you can learn and practice this art well. One of which is a trolling reel required the most in this game. And today, we will tell you about this in detail in today’s article.
- 1. PENN Slammer III Spinning Fishing Reel
- 2. Shakespeare ATS Trolling Reel
- 3. Okuma Magda Pro Line Counter Levelwind Trolling Reel
- 4. Shimano Tekota A 300 – 400 Low profile Reels
- 5. KastKing Level Wind Trolling Reel
By the way, every angler is different, some are very expert, and some are entirely novice. But don’t worry, no matter what level your skillset is, below you’ll find a list of some of the best trolling reels for all types of anglers. Also, we have told you how you can get a good one out of the list for yourself so read this article until the end.
Best Trolling Reels
Below we have listed the top 5 trolling reel which has net disappointed you.
1. PENN Slammer III Spinning Fishing Reel
The PENN Slammer III, Spinning Fishing Reel, has Stainless steel construction and has Ambidextrous hand orientation, which means that you can use it very easily with either of your hands. Its handle is also made of stainless steel, which helps you maintain a grip on this reel. This reel only weighs 1 pound, which makes it a very light reel.
This reel has a CNC gear system, due to which it casts very smooth, and its whole metal body makes it very strong and sturdy. The 6+1 ball bearings system present in it makes it very effective and powerful. Apart from this, this reel comes with IP6 sealed body and design, which prevents it from getting rusty, and it has a dura drag system.
- This reel has a 6+1 ball bearings system.
- It has CNC Gear technology.
- The whole body of this reel has a metal construction.
- It comes with Ambidextrous hand orientation.
- It has a very smooth casting.
- Its gears are quite smooth.
- It provides a very powerful drag.
- It is a little heavy.
2. Shakespeare ATS Trolling Reel
You can use this fishing reel for both spinning and casting fishing techniques. The Shakespeare ATS Trolling Reel is a good choice for line counter and non-line counter options in different sizes. Talking about this reel’s side covers and the frame is quite strong due to its graphite construction. Its gears work on a two-ball bearings system and are quite smooth and effective.
Its entire frame is stainless steel, which completely protects it from rusting. It also features an on/off selective bait clicker best for professional anglers. Apart from all these things, its handle is of Septon shape and is made of stainless steel, which helps make a perfect grip. This reel is available in two different options, and you can buy any of them according to your use.
- There is an on/off selective bait clicker in this reel.
- It has a graphite construction.
- The handles are Septon in shape. Its gears work on two ball bearings.
- It is very sturdy due to graphite construction.
- You experience a very smooth casting with it.
- The septon handles provide you with better control over the reel.
- Only for professionals.
3. Okuma Magda Pro Line Counter Levelwind Trolling Reel
The Okuma Magda Pro Line Counter Levelwind Trolling Reel is high-quality components and materials. This reel works in the right-hand orientation, which means that you can only play it with your right hand. Its handle is quite sturdy and helps a lot in controlling the reel, and the secret of its sturdiness is the stainless-steel material present in making this handle.
Let us tell you that after making this reel, it has also been tested for your convenience and comfort, and it has lived up to all those tests. Apart from being very light in weight, it is widely used by professional anglers worldwide. It can hold up to 430 yds and 25 lb. It also has two stainless steel ball bearings and a Levelwind line guide.
- It is made of high-quality components.
- There is a stainless steel handle in this reel.
- It is capable of holding 25 lb weight.
- There are two stainless steel ball bearings in this reel.
- It is very lightweight and durable.
- The handle and the entire body of this reel have very sturdy construction.
- It has been tested for your convenience.
- It works on right-hand orientation.
4. Shimano Tekota A 300 – 400 Low profile Reels
As the name suggests, Shimano Tekota A 300 – 400 Low profile Reels is a low-profile fishing reel. In this reel, you get dual Septon handles, with the help of which you can control it better, and you can keep a good grip on it and keep it under control. It is a one-size fishing reel made of stainless steel and is non-corrosive. It features a right-hand orientation, and there is also a left-hand orientation reel available in the market of this same trolling reel which you can buy for your convenience.
- It is a 300-400 range trolling reel.
- It has dual Septon handles.
- It is made of stainless steel.
- It is of one size.
- It is a low-profile trolling reel.
- Its handles have an excellent grip.
- It is durable and rust-proof.
- It has a left-hand orientation.
5. KastKing Level Wind Trolling Reel
The KastKing Level Wind Trolling Reel has a complete graphite body and works on right-hand orientation. It is a kind of a line counter trolling reel with high-quality components for performance. It has a gear ratio of 7.2:1. Its frame is made of graphite and is long-lasting. It has a very powerful carbon disc drag system. It is a 20-size trolling reel with stainless steel handle.
This reel is designed to catch certain fish like Salmon, Steelhead, Trout, Kokanee, Walleye, Lake Trout, saltwater species, etc. It features three double shield stainless steel ball bearings with an anti-reverse bearing. Due to its amazing drag power, it can drag 30 LBS fish out of the water easily. This fishing reel is a perfect example of the combination between a good mechanism and power, and it is the best choice for professionals.
- It has a gear ratio of 7.2:1.
- It has complete graphite and stainless-steel construction.
- It comes with a disc drag system.
- It is a 20-size trolling reel.
- It has a very smooth performance.
- It is very durable and lightweight due to its construction.
- It has a very powerful drag.
- It has a right-hand orientation.
Buying guide for trolling reels
You have to take special care of some things while buying a trolling reel for yourself, and if you do not do this, you will have problems later, but what are those things? Below, we have told you about something you have to keep in mind while choosing a trolling reel.
Weight: Make sure that the line counter reel you are going to buy is not very heavy in weight. If you buy a heavy-weight line counter reel, it will be very tough for you to control it.
Hand orientation: You have to take special care of this thing that the trolling reel you want to buy is designed to work with which hand. And if you are right-handed, take a right one or the left one.
Gears and ball bearings: You must check the quality of the material used to construct the ball bearings of the line counter reel that you are about to buy.
In this article, we told you about the best trolling reels that you can buy for your professional and normal use. Also, we tried to explain to you how you can choose the best one for yourself.
If you find this helpful article for you, make sure to share it with your friends and family. Also, leave a meaningful comment in the comment section.